Join our Fun & Dynamic team! Make a difference in your community and help support the education of swim lessons for children of all ages! Experience a FUN working atmosphere and start a REWARDING CAREER today!! What is the ASA Difference? https://www.atlantaswimacademy.com/facility/difference
Atlanta Swim Academy is rapidly expanding and we are looking for Part-Time Swim Instructors to start immediately. Make a difference in your community by helping students of all ages learn to be safe in the water. Gain leadership, communication and group management skills in a fun filled family atmosphere. Swim Instructors are the core of Atlanta Swim Academy’s learn to swim program. They teach age- and ability-appropriate progressive skills to swimmers—from basic foundational skills for young swimmers to competition-specific training for advanced swimmers.
- Lead small groups (1-4) of swimmers through a series of progressively challenging swim skills.
- Plan and effectively organize class time through lesson plans.
- Teach and lead with encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Provide for consistency in instruction by working each assigned lesson.
- Communicate with parents and swimmers on progress towards goals.
- Complete any necessary paperwork and reports.
- Enforce all facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Cover all material required in a level.
- Knowledge of swimming skills and mechanics
- Excellent communication skills with children and adults
- Comfortable working with children of all ages
- Ability to lead and motivate
- Available to work at least one 4-hour shift either Sat. or Sun.
- Teaching / Coaching
- Health / Fitness
- Sports & Recreation
- Physical Training
- Education / Childcare
- Leadership & Team Management
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Outgoing Personality
- Organizational Skills
- Atlanta Swim Academy offers professional growth opportunities for those that qualify.
- Full, Paid training provided.
- Health Insurance is available to full-time employees.
- Employee discount.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Employee Assistance Program including: work-life resources, legal & financial resources and access to virtual counselling sessions - (all resources are free and confidential)
- Paid-Time-Off Program for full-time employees.
- Team building outings and functions.
ASA is a family-owned business serving East Cobb and the surrounding area for over 35 years. Our exceptional reputation in the community has made us a leader in the Learn-to-Swim industry.
We take pride in our Core Value of Innovation. We are committed to continuous improvement and striving for excellence. By upholding our 5 Core Values of Safety, Fun, Respect, Integrity, and Innovation, ASA can truly say we are a thriving and unique organization.
All of our staff participate in continuous education programs, including our in-water training system, online training courses, Red Cross Lifeguard certification for all Instructors, staff leadership training, USSSA National Conferences, and constant on-going training and development in all departments.
We have 3 indoor heated at 90 degrees pools for warm year-round swimming. The large viewing hallway allows parents to observe swim lessons comfortably and provides easy access to our 6 family changing rooms. Additionally, our large men's and women's restrooms have generous changing areas.
Member schools are independently owned and operated. Your application will go directly to the member school, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this school. All inquiries about employment at these schools should be made directly to the school location, and not to US Swim School Association.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)